Thursday, May 24, 2018

Heading West (Part 1)

It all began with walking down these stairs...

So it finally happened!
My biggest fear became a reality!
I'm officially homeless!
Seriously, I have no home!
No address.
No place to rest my head with a roof over me!
Nada, zip, nothing!
So, my fear fed into the only thing I had
(or so I thought at the time)
to run, escape, travel, go to a place I thought I could find permanency!
I climbed into Subie
and hit the road...
"Come out west, your family and friends are here"
they said...





Driving out of Virginia...
I thanked the trees for the years I had enjoyed them so!




Over the Potomac
Would this be my last time?

The river was full and flowing fast, just like my heart was!
I briefly drove through Maryland and on into...


Pennsylvania!
Onto the highways and byways
heading west now...



Despite the fear that crept into my mind
the beauty I saw/experienced
was breathtaking!

The sun was warm and I was on an adventure!


The open road fed my spirit for adventure
AND
fueled my fear at times.
Homelessness was now a reality.


I stopped for the night at an obliging rest area
some 10 hours after heading out.
I woke to these cuties...

Tried to find the comfort in knowing
that I would be ok
if I just embraced my reality without so much fear!

The surrounding beauty comforted me
until...

My thoughts flooded in...

Homelessness is not acceptable
and being homeless now,
well, I was alone.

I began driving with a hungry tummy
but well rested.
What would my future be like?

 I worried and wondered.

I drove until I could not safely do so, anymore.
Another rest area welcomed me.

So many bugs were killed upon Subie's windshield!
But the sunset was lovely!

Rocky Mountain range in the distance.
I'd driven for two full days, and slept safely
in Subie
for two nights.

I was very grateful!

Seriously Wyoming!?! 
LOL
I'm gonna go my own speed
(which was slower)
But I kept moving forward.
It's been a very hot road trip!
Temps well into mid to high 90's.

This rest area was wonderful.
I knew I was growing closer to my destination!
After a quick wash-up
soaking my hair and body to cool off,
I snapped a few pictures of Subie...


Subie!
in all her glory!

Subie has been such a comfort to rest in
and rely on!

Ok Subie
Lets hit the road again...


Heading West continues on next posting...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...