Friday, October 4, 2013

Monster Beanie Creation



I decided to make a beanie for my Grandson.
I loved this soft green yarn
by
Loops & Threads
Soft & Shiny

I started the project on bamboo circular needles
and quickly switched to double point needles
once I started to decrease.


I made eyes and a tooth
since this is October
and Halloween is right around the corner.
Plus, I was so inspired by a knit book by
Rebecca Danger
Knit A Monster Nursery

Now I know my monster beanie isn't exactly like Rebecca's creations,
since I didn't follow any of her patterns,
but I was so inspired by her book.

It was suggested that I sew in a line
for my monsters mouth...

I did draw a monster just like
one of Rebecca Danger's monsters
she features in her book:
Knit A Monster Nursery



I'm very pleased with how it turned out,
the monster beanies
and...


the little card I drew for my Grandson.
Now I'm off to put these in post
so in a few days
my Grandson will
have a fun beanie in time of
Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...