Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Bit More Holiday Painting

Hallo there, you wonderful blog friends.
I was surprised to find teal xmas tree beads
at Michael's craft store, discounted!
Happily surprised!

Adding a new colour to my Dangle Birdies family, purple.
I have a friend who LOVES all things purple.
So I wanted to make a birdie for her,
painted one and decided I really liked it!
So, painted a few more :)

Remember this?
It's the pretty orange pumpkin
from fall decor, now newly painted with
hot pink polka dots!
Just for winter holiday!

A few new Dangle Birdies.
Funny, with the flash on my camera
I can see the slight differences in
colour, for each of these.
I blend my colours, to create unique hues
for each new batch of birdies.
And speaking of batches...
My handsome hunny brought home
fresh blackberries, so in return
I made him a berry crumble for dessert.
This was so yummy and super simple to make.
Here's how...
You'll need these ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup oats
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
4 cups mixed berries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Equipment: 6 (6-ounce) ramekins
OR small baking dish (as pictured above)
Directions to follow in order:PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
In large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt and oats.
Using a pastry blender, a fork or your hands cut in butter.
Keep cold until ready to use.
In a large bowl combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch:
toss to coat.
Evenly divide the fruit mixture between the
6 ramekins (or baking dishes).
Top with crumble topping.
Bake until top is golden and fruit is bubbly,
about 35 minutes.

Enjoy
~Cheers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...