Monday, December 17, 2012

Warm Food

Christmas Countdown

I made a Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder the other day,
to warm me up and season the loft with
warm luscious scents.

Normally I'll top it with Avocado, flour chips and fresh cilantro/coriander
but my poor plant died a week ago :(
and there were not chips or Avo left.
 So I topped with
sour cream and taco flavoured
Doritios chips crushed.
It was pretty tasty.

For recipe:

1 TBLS Butter or Margarine
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
(I also use the boneless/skinless strips from trader joe's,
It works really easy)
I either boil my chicken, or
microwave in a ceramic dish, with lid
drizzled with olive oil
dash salt/dash pepper
1 small onion, chopped. I omit this because I
cannot eat onion.
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
2 (14 3/4 oz) cans cream style corn
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 teas. Hot sauce
1/4 salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1-2 teaspoon dried cilantro.

Melt butter in dutch oven over medium high heat:
add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Stir in next 7 ingredients and
chicken; cook over low heart, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in Cilantro.

Makes 2 quarts

Happy crafting and cooking
Cheers~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...