Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A bit of quiet...

The chimes have an almost magical quality this morning.
Silence, gentle wind, birds chirping and chimes. This soothes me.

Happily distracted, these mesmerizing sounds transport me.
I float with each gentle stream of wind and sound...I am light as air.

Children running past my flat, screaming happily, about who knows what, yank me from my tranquil moment.

I glance over to my printer. In it sits a two page confirmation letter.

Later today I will enter into a different world. This world, known by many as: COMIC-CON.
The sights, sounds, smells will dramatically alter my present condition.

Inside I feel like screaming "Yippie yeah, it's today, yippie yeah".
Outside I press my lips to my very adult sized cup of coffee and simply smile.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...