Friday, May 15, 2015

From Here to There...

Have you ever moved?
If so, you understand the stress (physical and emotional) it causes…

This post is about our move…

The fountain outside our loft.
It was cold for weeks
AND
we were indoors...

packing!
After three years here at the loft
we'd found a HUGE house to lease
just in time
for family to come and stay with us!
Or so we thought...

The snow fell and we continued to pack.
The snow cleared one day
and luckily it was the day our moving truck
and movers arrived.
Good-bye Fountain.
Good-bye city loft.

Hallo new place!

Blues skies and bitter cold day to move on!

New art studio
a.k.a. formal living room.

Formal dinning room filled with boxes.

Dining room...

The next day
after arriving here
at the huge house
it snowed!

While inside I had allot of work to do!


Studio took a back seat
so I could work on kitchen area first.



And it sat for one week.

So I got the kitchen done
and only began in the art studio
when the problems really got bigger…
Turns out this house had a few hidden features
that slowly began making me sick,
REALLY SICK.

Long story short,
after only 4 weeks in this house
we broke lease and moved again.

I decided to take a break from blog
and mostly everything else so I could deal with
belongings, moving, and stress that mounted over the course of
a two and a half month period
which started in February
and only really ended about two weeks ago.


I sold allot of furniture!
Most from my art studio collection.
Put ninety percent of what we own in storage
and moved into a small
five hundred and fifty sq ft flat.
I hung my bird mobile up
to remind me that home is
wherever we are!

Despite all the stress from moving
twice in under five weeks
(HUGE MOVES)
I do like the view outside our window now.


The girls like having their own
spots in the sun


However
they are not too keen
about bathing
but I like their new bathing area
(instead of stooping over a bath tub)
this is much easier.

The girls aren't so sure about that though.
Home Sweet Home


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...